Last night I posted a picture of one of my favorite dinner’s to make, Sausage and Bowties. Everyone on my Facebook commented how good it looked and wanted the recipe. I’ve already substituted different meats like chicken and shrimp and it came out delicious. I still prefer the italian sausage best. If you don’t eat pork you can use the turkey italian sausage which is just as good, even though my husband claims he can taste a difference…
1 lb italian sausage
1 box (16 oz) bowties
2 sweet peppers ( i used 1 green and 1 red), sliced
(**you can use the frozen pepper stir-fry blend, but the veggies don’t get as crisp)
1 medium sized yellow onion, sliced
Salt and Pepper to taste
1. Cook the Bowties, according to directions on box and your preference. I like al-dente
2. Put your sausage links in a large skillet with 1-2 cups of water. Boil them until just about done.
3. Remove from pan and let rest for about 15 minutes.
4. Cut sausage into 1/2″ slices
5. Remove water from skillet and heat up about 2 tbsp of oil.
6. Add sausage and cook until browned and well done
7. Once sausauge is well done, add the peppers and onions and stirfry until veggies are crisp.
8. Drain your pasta and return to pot.
9. Add enough olive oil to coat the pasta and enough Italian seasoning, salt and pepper to your liking.
Mix it up
– Use minced garlic in this recipe with broccoli and shrimp
– Lemon herb Grilled chicken and broccoli is another
I hope you enjoy this recipe as much as I have.